Wednesday 20 June 2007

Bumble was violated (broken into!)

I work in an ok area of the city (Birmingham) with what I thought to be a very safe school car park. It has a big secure perimeter, lots of people walking about the front, loads of large windows facing the front and CCTV coverage. How wrong was I. How annoyed am I!
I NEVER leave stuff in my van but the one day I did, someone clocked me and made their move. I came out to grab the laptop hidden under a blanket at lunch time for the very reason of theft prevention. It seems someone parked behind my van, smashed an out of view window (despite being clearly visible to the main road) and hopped in to unload everything. Someone in work saw this dude ducking about but thought nothing of it at the time! He was caught on CCTV but the police said unless there was blood or an ID card saying who it was that "it wasn't worth coming out to see!" Fooooooooooooooooooooooook!
I lost a Laptop, Vehicle MP3 player and the thing that 'really' made it an issue ... every item of Climbing Kit I have ever owned since the age of 16. Why he took this is a mystery - it's worth nothing to anyone but me. Gutted.

1 comment:

S said...

not good. My car recently got hit recently, in the Safeway car park, dent to my rear bumper in the corner, bumper hanging off on one hinge, and absorber in two pieces under my car, damaged tail light and scratch to side of car, 2005 car I was not impressed! livid is putting it mildly.
Do the general public have any common sense I wondered, after a few people then approached me to tell me they'd seen him do it and spoke to him. I asked, "did you get his number plate?" No he said, but I had a word with him..
Oh yer.. great! ??? Was that helpful or what?
After getting fed up waiting for the tow truck to show up, I remembered I had my climbing gear in the boot, so got out the sling, secured the bumper and tied it off in the boot with a 'beaner', drove it to auto body shop, and it is currently being repaired fast. The ICBC insurance here bills the culprit for it all, nothing affects your licence, claims, insurance at all, just theirs. I noticed he'd left a note on my car windscreen with an apology for hitting my bumper, and his name and number. Wow, I didn't feel so angry when I noticed that, how many would admit to it and suffer the consequences of their actions, it was the right thing to do, but not many do it. Turns out he is 17 and was driving his mums car, his mum rang me to apologise too and was not happy with him at all, obviously. Still I say her fault too for letting him drive her car.. My folks still would not let me drive their car and I am safe :)